VCTA Notice of AGM and Special Resolutions
1. NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Victorian Community Transport Association Inc. will be held:
Date: Thursday, 17 October 2019
Time: 8.30 am
Venue: Spring Hill Estate, Lancefield
To conduct the following business:
1. Confirm minutes of the previous meeting
2. Receive and consider the President’s report
3. Receive and consider the financial statements of the VCTA for the financial year ended 30 June 2018
4. Receive and consider the audit report
5. Appoint as auditor for the 2019 – 2020 period
6. Election of members to the committee
7. Discussion and setting of membership fees for the 2020 – 2021 period
2. NOTICE OF SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS
NOTICE is hereby given in accordance with section 39 of the Constitution, that at this AGM, it is intended that the following motions be proposed as special resolutions.
1. That we change the name of Victorian Community Transport Association Incorporated to VICTAS Community Transport Association Incorporated.
The purpose of this name change is to acknowledge and incorporate Tasmania into the peak body for community transport.
2. That the current Constitution be repealed and the proposed new Constitution attached to the notice of the meeting of the members of the VCTA Inc. (see link below) be adopted as the new Constitution for VICTAS Community Transport Association Inc.
The committee is proposing to amend the Constitution to:
• Insert the new name of the association
• Incorporate Tasmania into the new Constitution
• Change the purpose of the association which is a precursor to procuring Charity and Public Benevolent status. This status will widen the vital access to future philanthropic funds and complement the ability to engage in better employment practices
• Reflect current practice for gender inclusive language
• Increase […]